Re: irql_not_less_or_equal (disable bios memory options caching shadowing): plz Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by W****n S***********g, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "l" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a Lenovo X60, bought in 2006 that never presented this problem.
    >> Few days ago i bought a new external drive, 500gb. Everything went
    >> smooth. At the same time I installed some new software, like Power ISO
    >> and Comodo Firewall. I have been usingthe pc mainly to download
    >> torrent files on my OLD external hard drive: so the pc has been up for
    >> several hours, downloading data directly into the external hard disk.
    >> Also, I have been moving files between the pc and the two external
    >> hard disks. I am writing this down as I read that the error might be
    >> due to conflicts in writing memory.
    >> The blue crash screens came up for the first time few days ago. I
    >> removed Comodo Firewall as it also caused another small conflict that
    >> has disappeared since. THen I upgraded to Service Pack 3. And I daily
    >> use Advanced System Care to maintain windows and fix the registry.

    > <Break>
    >
    > Do not use registry repair utilites
    > they will probably do more harm than good.
    > Hopefully the utility has an "undo" feature

    I use it every day and find no problems. Maintains noticable speed in
    addition to a defrag and file clean up.

    Just have to use some common sense, so you best stay away from it.

    W****n S***********g, Feb 10, 2009