Re: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by joust in jest, May 22, 2005.

  1. There is a reason why the OEM version of Windows XP Home is considerably
    less expensive than the retail version of Windows XP Home -- the OEM, not
    Microsoft, is responsible for providing Windows XP Home technical support.

    Since, as you admit, you are the OEM, you are responsible for providing
    Windows XP Home technical support.

    Some suggestions for troubleshooting:

    If the installation disk has a scratch or a fingerprint, you can experience
    corrupt files.
    During pre-installation, files are read from the CD and unpacked to system
    memory. If there is a problem with your system IO, the file will be munged
    during the unpack/write process.
    During installation, Windows pulls the unpacked files from memory. If you
    have faulty memory, a correctly unpacked/written file will be corrupt when
    Windows installer tries to read it.

    Good luck,
    --
    steve