Re: Importing WAB file to Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Contacts' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], May 20, 2009.

  1. [Crossposted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts newsgroup]

    Now Export your OL 2003 contacts to a CSV file then try importing the CSV
    into OL 2007.

    Outlook-specific newsgroups include:

    microsoft.public.outlook.general
    microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
    microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
    microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
    microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
    microsoft.public.outlook.fax
    microsoft.public.outlook.installation
    microsoft.public.outlook.interop
    microsoft.public.outlook.printing
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
    microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
    microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
    microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    PA Bear [MS MVP], May 20, 2009

  2. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <> wrote in message

    > Outlook-specific newsgroups include:
    > microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

    and microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers

    > microsoft.public.outlook.configuration

    Odd. The Microsoft server doesn't seem to carry this.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], May 21, 2009

  3. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    chrissyd Guest

    Thanks for this - found the WAB files in Contacts under 'myfolder' and have
    been able to group into subfolders before importing them into Outlook 2007.
    Might not be the most elegant way to pull through 7 sub folders of addresses
    but seems to work. Thanks again, chrissyd.

    chrissyd, May 21, 2009
  4. Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Outlook-specific newsgroups include:
    >> microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

    > and microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers
    >
    >> microsoft.public.outlook.configuration

    > Odd. The Microsoft server doesn't seem to carry this.

    Thanks, I'll update my CR accordingly, Brian.
    --
    ~Robear

    PA Bear [MS MVP], May 21, 2009