Re: I DO NOT accept the agreement

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Ken Blake, MVP, Feb 28, 2011.

  1. On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, wrote:

    > I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
    > the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
    >
    > I accept the agreement
    > I DO NOT accept the agreement
    >

    > After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement ***
    > I clicked on that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the
    > "NEXT" icon.

    Of course. You have only two choices:

    1. Accept the agreement and install the program.

    2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to
    install the program.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Feb 28, 2011

  2. Ken Blake, MVP

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:18:01 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
    >> the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
    >>
    >> I accept the agreement
    >> I DO NOT accept the agreement
    >>

    >> After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement *** I clicked on
    >> that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the "NEXT" icon.

    > Of course. You have only two choices:
    >
    > 1. Accept the agreement and install the program.
    >
    > 2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to install
    > the program.

    I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to accept the
    agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.

    ray, Feb 28, 2011

  3. Ken Blake, MVP

    Nil Guest

    On 28 Feb 2011, ray <> wrote in
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

    > I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to
    > accept the agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.

    It's an obvious troll. He doesn't say what the program is, and I don't
    believe he found one that doesn't allow you to cancel the install. He's
    making it up. Not to mention that any sane person could kill the
    install with Task Manager or reboot.

    Nil, Feb 28, 2011
  4. Ken Blake, MVP

    VanguardLH Guest

    ray wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:18:01 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:48:16 -0600, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I downloaded some software and started the installer. It brought up
    >>> the thing called "License Agreement". I am given the choice to select
    >>>
    >>> I accept the agreement
    >>> I DO NOT accept the agreement
    >>>
    >>> After reading it, *** I DO NOT accept the agreement *** I clicked on
    >>> that selection and it refuses to allow me to click on the "NEXT" icon.

    >> Of course. You have only two choices:
    >>
    >> 1. Accept the agreement and install the program.
    >>
    >> 2. Don't accept the agreement, and therefore not be permitted to install
    >> the program.

    > I believe what he's trying to say is that he does not want to accept the
    > agreement and cannot get the install program to quit.

    More like PO_box is a troll in training. He claims he hasn't rebooted
    his computer in a couple of months. He claims to have no knowledge of
    Task Manager and how to use it to kill processes. He claims the
    installer doesn't provide a Cancel, X titlebar button, or other means of
    aborting the installation. He never identifies the "software". He uses
    a legitimate domain that was registered over 12 years ago. Uh huh,
    s-u-r-e. We're supposed to believe this installer's window has been
    onscreen for several months and this guy couldn't figure out how to get
    rid of it.

    VanguardLH, Mar 1, 2011