Re: hp vista 64 recovery error 1002

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by RalfG, Apr 13, 2009.

  1. RalfG

    RalfG Guest

    "deck60" <> wrote in message

    > i had a problem and used the reinstall disks and it went all the way
    > through and on disk 3 it came up with error 1002 contact hp if this
    > problem continues if i take out the dvd and let it boot it has a boot
    > error i think it wiped my hd clean but not sure if i try the boot on
    > the hd using the recovery then it brings this error imedatley upon
    > week and it seems to be dead should i take it back or what I am
    > begining to hate vista
    >

    > --
    > deck60

    Did you try using the recovery partition that is on the hard drive? Beyond
    that, don't waste any more of your time trying to fix a computer that is
    still under warranty. Take it back for exchange at the place you bought it
    or contact HP support.

    RalfG, Apr 13, 2009

  2. RalfG

    Chad Harris Guest

    Ignoring Microsoft's Repair Modalities for OEM partitions is Pure Ignorance

    RalfG--

    Since several teams worked to create repair methods that the OP has
    available from within Vista or can download from the link below that are
    infinitely better than the crap repair partition and the crap recovery disc
    OEM providers like HP have. The OP already used the crappy HP recovery
    disc, and as always they struck oput. I'm intrigued by your logic that HP's
    recovery methods are superior to Microsoft's teams recovery methods,
    particularly when they are made by people paid serveral times as much as the
    HP drones with several times the computer science engineering training. You
    care to elaborate on the surrealistic logic of your admonition not to waste
    time on them?

    We get posts on the time on this group that people have tried OEM Recovery
    discs and OEM recovery partitions and they have gone nowhere with them.
    That's why they're here. Telling them not to waste time with Microsoft's
    far superior repair modalities is like a doctor telling a sick patient not
    to waste time with medical modalities and go back to their mother for help.
    Why would you do that? Why would you ignore the obvious advantage of a
    Microsoft disc with Startup Repair on it or the options Microsoft has
    provided in Vista and Windows 7 and the F8 Win Advanced Options Menu? I'm
    intrigued why you think what Microsoft's engineers have made to fix the OS
    is a waste of time but the completely piece of crap OEM recovery discs and
    partitions are the way to go.

    You have your priorities reversed. Microsoft mades the best code/bits to
    fix a Windows OS, and that's precisely why Microsoft has chosen to put these
    modalities right INTO VISTA. You've come here to give the advise to ignore
    them. That's consumately ignorant.

    1) Windows Advanced Options Menu to fix just this situation
    2) A startup repair disc available *in the Vista Operating System made by
    Microsoft* for just this purpose to allow the use of 3 major modalities
    a) Startup Repair
    b) Bootrec and other commands at the command prompt that work very well in
    fixing situations like these
    c) System Restore from the Repair Disc that Microsoft allows users to make
    from the Vista OS

    This is a screenshot of the two ways to do this:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadharris16

    Windows Vista Recovery Disc from Microsoft included in Vista SP1 and later
    (Vista Startup Repair .iso Download)
    http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

    Best,

    CH

    Chad Harris, Apr 14, 2009

  3. RalfG

    Chad Harris Guest

    RalfG--

    Even if the OEM partition or piece of crap recovery disc were successful, it
    would lose all of the OP's settings, documents, pics, music, and things of
    value to the OP. It would restore to factory settings.

    In contrast the Microsoft tools that they chose to put into Vista SP1, Vista
    SP2, and now Windows 7 give them several options to fix the OS and bring it
    back to the way they had it restoring all their docs, settings, music, pics,
    movies, etc.

    Why would you urge them to go for an OEM partition or recovery disc that
    would destroy all of these in the rare event it works?

    Is your logic that losing all of the above is a good thing for the original
    poster? Is your logic that a few minutes to get them all back is "a waste
    of time.?"

    I'm really looking forward to seeing you elaborate as to how what an HP
    recovery partition or OEM recovery disc does is superior to what the
    Microsoft Win RE team created for fixing the Windows OS. I thought it was
    Microsoft that made the Windows OS and Microsoft that has the concentration
    of expertise on fixing it. That seems to be why MSFT put the ability to fix
    it into all operating system builds/and versions they made after Vista SP1
    through Win 7 RTM.

    This is the ability to access Microsoft's tools built right into Windows
    Vista SP1.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadharris16

    I'm looking forward to hearing your logic that using Startup Repair, the
    bootreec commands, or System Restore from Startup Repair, or the 4 options
    at the Windows Advanced Options Menu accessed by tapping the F8 key are a
    complete waste of time. This should be entertaining.

    I'm also looking forward to hearing the logic as to why you want the OP to
    loose their settings, documents, files, folders, pics, music ripped and
    downloaded, that may have taken them years to accumulate.

    Although we all encourage everyone to backup, many of them haven't backed
    up. Additionally many of the backup modalities aren't working for these
    people and they post just that daily here.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Apr 14, 2009