Re: How to replace some dll file in system32?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Donald, Jul 4, 2009.

  1. Donald

    Donald Guest

    The GTA4 player should take care of this. Maybe they had a patch for that
    issue. You can save a lot of time by contacting them for support.
    Did you get that error message when you run some installation program? You
    may try to disable the digital signature of program.

    You can try to execute this command-line
    bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON
    and
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

    You can check the following pages about more options.
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com...n/thread/5e048b0f-83b2-4281-b5e9-533ef3de564d
    That's for drivers.

    If the problem is not with your drivers:
    your users will get the digital signature error if the software isn't
    verified using a code signing certificate.
    you need to get your developers to use a code signing certificate issued
    from a trusted authority. I suspect they are using a self generated
    certificate, which isn't in the trusted publishers root on each pc.
    you can buy these from any of the usual suspects - verisign etc..
    If you sign software, it needs to be done in a fashion that is understood by
    all possible clients.
    one way around this is if you have an internal CA - create a code signing
    cert with your own CA, sign your software.
    all your client PC's will need YOUR CA public cert installed - then you
    shouldn't get the error.

    For simply deleting Dll, you can do it in safe mode most of the time. For
    editing them, you will need to install some program tools like Visual Studio
    to customize them completely.

    Donald, Jul 4, 2009