Re: How to recover Recovered File Fragments (*.chk)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Setup' started by Dave Patrick, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick Guest

    What happened when you restarted the pc was chkdsk ran and found broken
    chains/ lost clusters, then created *.chk files of them so you can delete
    them and regain the otherwise lost drive space. They're not really meant to
    be recoverable files, you can go ahead and delete the files to regain the
    lost space. You can open them with a text editor and attempt to copy the
    parts you need to another file.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

    Dave Patrick, Aug 11, 2003