    Its going to be tough, as a Dialog Box by definition is a Form.

    What exactly are you attempting to do? Maybe I or someone else will be able
    to help you come up with something.

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > How do you create a dialog box and add a list box and button into it

    without using a form?

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Jun 2, 2004

  2. Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jay

    I would like to create a dll file using vb, but the dll file is going to run by some other application as a script type of thing. I don't think it supports Form.show. whenever i call this function, it generates an error. A support guy told me that i can create a dialog box but not a form, and it is supported.

    Cheers

    Guest, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Ken,
    I have put form's in DLLs and have displayed them from VB.NET programs.

    What is the error that you are receiving. Are you calling it from VB.NET or
    a COM language?

    > A support guy told me that i can create a dialog box but not a form, and

    it is supported.
    Was the "support guy" talking VB.NET? I would check back with the "support
    guy" to get a working example of what he is talking about, the only clean
    way I know of in VB.NET to create a dialog box is to create a Form.

    Another method would be to define a Dialog RC and use the WIn32 Dialog APIs,
    which really are not needed in .NET. Plus Dialog.rc is not really supported
    in VB.NET, it might be easier to drop into C++ for that...

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Jun 2, 2004
  4. Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jay

    I am calling it from a COM language

    Cheers

    Guest, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Ken,
    Ahh!!! There's the Rub! ;-)

    Does Form.ShowDialog work, where Form.Show does not work? Remember that
    Form.ShowDialog is normally used to display dialog boxes (modal forms) in
    ..NET where as Form.Show is normally used to show modeless forms.

    Does the COM language have a message pump? (aka VB6 DoEvents)

    I would expect that the COM language does not work as it either does not
    have a message pump or it is not a compatible message pump (just as VB6 has
    issues with the Office message pump). I would however expect Form.ShowDialog
    to work with any COM language as ShowDialog has its own message pump.

    Hope this helps
    Jay

    Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook], Jun 2, 2004