Re: How do I turn Data Execution Prevention off?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by FromTheRafters, Mar 11, 2009.

  1. Try safe mode.

    ....and DEP is probably not the problem.

    Have you installed any software recently? May be a corrupted driver or
    something similar causing problems? Vista compatibility issues?

    Post to get help with your problem rather than trying to get help
    catching 'red herrings' or 'wild geese'.

    Describe your problem and include relevant information such as what
    recently changed that may or may not have caused this problem.

    FromTheRafters, Mar 11, 2009

  2. Hello
    I agree disabling DEP is probably not the best solution.
    Your system is much less secure with this disabled.
    I would suggest running msconfig and disabling all the startup items as a
    beginning.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 12, 2009