RE: hOW DO i SUBTRACT COLUMNS IN EXCEL?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2006.

    To subtract B1 from A1 with result in C1

    in C1 put

    =A1-B1 (= sign is required as this tells Excel it is a formula)

    To repeat this for B2 form A2 etc, copy the formula into C2.

    To copy a formula down i.e. to many cells, click on C2, hold cursor over
    bottom right hand of cell (black square) until cross appears, hold left mouse
    button and drag cursor down as far as required.

    HTH

    Guest, Mar 26, 2006