Re: How do i backup my files if my USB ports won't work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Richard Urban, Oct 4, 2009.

  1. "djlewi07" <> wrote in message

    > Hello. I am having serious issues with my laptop. A couple of months ago
    > (around April) the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely
    > crashed and my father replaced it for me. But I'm having serious issues
    > again:
    > -I can't burn c.d.s and I can't watch dvds
    > -I can't turn on my webcam
    > -The USB ports have completely stopped working.
    >
    > I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. I bought an
    > external hard drive to take a picture of a computer as it is now, but,
    > of course, it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. I
    > don't know what to do. Is there another way to save all my data without
    > using the usb ports of the cd drive?
    >

    > --
    > djlewi07
    > djlewi07's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141106.htm
    > View this thread:
    > http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1254527.htm
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    Take the drive out of the laptop and install it in an external enclosure.
    Then connect it up to a well functioning computer so you can get at your
    files.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard Urban, Oct 4, 2009

  2. Richard Urban

    philo Guest

    Richard Urban wrote:
    > "djlewi07" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hello. I am having serious issues with my laptop. A couple of months ago
    >> (around April) the hardrive of my HP Pavillion DV 9000 completely
    >> crashed and my father replaced it for me. But I'm having serious issues
    >> again:
    >> -I can't burn c.d.s and I can't watch dvds
    >> -I can't turn on my webcam
    >> -The USB ports have completely stopped working.
    >>
    >> I would like to backup my data before I get a new computer. I bought an
    >> external hard drive to take a picture of a computer as it is now, but,
    >> of course, it didn't work because none of my usb ports will not work. I
    >> don't know what to do. Is there another way to save all my data without
    >> using the usb ports of the cd drive?
    >>

    >> --
    >> djlewi07
    >> djlewi07's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141106.htm
    >> View this thread:
    >> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1254527.htm
    >>
    >> http://forums.techarena.in
    >>

    > Take the drive out of the laptop and install it in an external
    > enclosure. Then connect it up to a well functioning computer so you can
    > get at your files.

    Good advice.

    You will probably need an adapter for your laptop harddrive

    but they are only a few dollars

    philo, Oct 4, 2009