Re: hard drives showing in "safely remove hardware"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Richard Urban, Sep 24, 2009.

  1. "moondogg" <> wrote in message

    > My disc drives are now showing up in the safely remove hardware icon of
    > the task bar. How do i keep them from being there? they are permanent
    > drives, not external. why did they all of a sudden show up there.
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > --
    > moondogg

    If you have the drives set up as ACHI in the bios they will show up as
    removable drives. If the drives are set up in the bios as standard SATA
    drives they do not.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP