Re: Gmail Print Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Ken Springer, Oct 30, 2011.

  1. Ken Springer

    Ken Springer Guest

    On 10/29/11 10:22 PM, David wrote:
    > This surely cannot be a difficult problem, but I can't figure it out!
    >
    > I need to print out an email received by Gmail. Gmail has all of this
    > peripheral sidebar and topbar material that is irrelevant to the email.
    > When I attempt to print the email, I get all of the left sidebar and topbar
    > material in the printout, but only the left half of the email because that
    > is all the room that is left on the paper after the irrelevant left sidebar
    > is included in the print.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to print *only* the email? (BTW, the email
    > does include some small graphics, if that matters.)
    >
    > Thank you very much for any help,
    > David

    Hi, David,

    It sounds like you are using the print button in the browser. That will
    give you the entire browser window.

    In the message area itself, in the upper right corner of the message
    area, is a small downward pointing arrow. Left click on it, and a menu
    drops down. Click on Print. The message will open in a new tab,
    possibly a new window depending on the browser. For me, on my Mac and
    using Firefox, the print dialogue opens automatically. I would assume
    something similar will happen for you.

    --
    Ken

    Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Firefox 7.0.1
    Thunderbird 7.0.1
    LibreOffice 3.3.4

    Ken Springer, Oct 30, 2011

  2. Ken Springer

    Nil Guest

    On 30 Oct 2011, Ken Springer <> wrote in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > In the message area itself, in the upper right corner of the
    > message area, is a small downward pointing arrow. Left click on
    > it, and a menu drops down. Click on Print. The message will open
    > in a new tab, possibly a new window depending on the browser. For
    > me, on my Mac and using Firefox, the print dialogue opens
    > automatically. I would assume something similar will happen for
    > you.

    In MS Windows Firefox, after you open a Gmail message, there's a little
    icon of a printer just to the right of the Subject. Click on it you'll
    get a view of the message without all the Gmail interface decorations,
    and the Print dialog will come up.

    Nil, Oct 30, 2011

  3. Ken Springer

    Paul Guest

    Ken Springer wrote:
    > On 10/29/11 10:22 PM, David wrote:
    >> This surely cannot be a difficult problem, but I can't figure it out!
    >>
    >> I need to print out an email received by Gmail. Gmail has all of this
    >> peripheral sidebar and topbar material that is irrelevant to the email.
    >> When I attempt to print the email, I get all of the left sidebar and
    >> topbar
    >> material in the printout, but only the left half of the email because
    >> that
    >> is all the room that is left on the paper after the irrelevant left
    >> sidebar
    >> is included in the print.
    >>
    >> Can someone please tell me how to print *only* the email? (BTW, the email
    >> does include some small graphics, if that matters.)
    >>
    >> Thank you very much for any help,
    >> David

    > Hi, David,
    >
    > It sounds like you are using the print button in the browser. That will
    > give you the entire browser window.
    >
    > In the message area itself, in the upper right corner of the message
    > area, is a small downward pointing arrow. Left click on it, and a menu
    > drops down. Click on Print. The message will open in a new tab,
    > possibly a new window depending on the browser. For me, on my Mac and
    > using Firefox, the print dialogue opens automatically. I would assume
    > something similar will happen for you.

    Example of the dialog Ken is referring to, here.

    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2771/gmailprint.gif

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 30, 2011