Re: Gadgets calendar gone orange, no display

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Gene E. Bloch, Dec 30, 2010.

  1. On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:47:20 -0000, Joe Bloggs wrote:

    > Hi. I'm on Vista with all updates and suddenly my Gadgets calendar gone
    > orange, with no date display
    >
    > How can I get the display back please?
    >
    > Thanks

    In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the gadget
    and reinstalling it from the new download.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

    Gene E. Bloch, Dec 30, 2010

  2. Gene E. Bloch

    vista bill Guest

    Gene E. Bloch replied:

    In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
    gadget
    and reinstalling it from the new download.

    That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.

    Bill

    vista bill, Dec 30, 2010

  3. Gene E. Bloch

    vista bill Guest

    On Dec 30, 12:23 pm, "Joe Bloggs" <> wrote:
    > I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re installed,
    > renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "vista bill" <> wrote in message

    > > Gene E. Bloch replied:

    > > In additional to Nil's suggestions, you could try downloading the
    > > gadget
    > > and reinstalling it from the new download.

    > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------------------------

    > > That's how I got mine back when they malfunctioned.

    > > Bill- Hide quoted text -

    Frustrating, isn't it? Perhaps you could browse the thousands of
    gadgets and find a suitable replacement. You want to be careful...
    these are not gadgets that are part of Windows.

    Bill

    vista bill, Dec 30, 2010
  4. Gene E. Bloch

    Nil Guest

    On 30 Dec 2010, "Joe Bloggs" <> wrote in
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

    > I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re
    > installed, renamed settings folder to create new one, none of
    > these worked!

    Try going into the Calendar Gadget's options and play with it's
    transparency settings. Sometimes just touching or changing them can get
    things back on track.

    Try the same with your system color schemes and video resolution
    settings. Just change them to something different, confirm, then change
    them back.

    Nil, Dec 30, 2010
  5. Gene E. Bloch

    Walter C. Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:23:55 -0000, Joe Bloggs wrote:

    > I think I've exhausted all possible options now, uninstalled / re installed,
    > renamed settings folder to create new one, none of these worked!

    Double-click on the calendar display to toggle between Orange and Normal
    displays.

    --
    Walter C.

    Walter C., Dec 31, 2010
  6. Gene E. Bloch

    webster72n Guest

    Joe, are you using the 'Windows Sidebar'?
    If so, go to Control Panel and select >Windows Sidebar Properties<
    There you can make your choice and then reinstate your gadgets
    with all the hooplaah.
    The reason I am suggesting this is, that I had a similar problem as yours
    after downloading some updates and solved it in the fashion described by me.
    Hopefully it will help you too.
    Best of luck.

    Harry.

    webster72n, Dec 31, 2010
  7. Gene E. Bloch

    webster72n Guest

    "Joe Bloggs" wrote in message

    Yes, using Windows sidebar, the calendar still bright orange, have tried
    everyone's suggestion on here so far and nothing has made any difference!

    Sorry to read that, but have you tried SR to a point before your
    problem started, as someone else suggested?
    Something doesn't add up here.
    There definitely is a way to fix this, just keep trying.
    And don't forget to let us know when you have found one.

    Harry.

    Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated

    webster72n, Jan 1, 2011
  8. Gene E. Bloch

    webster72n Guest

    "Joe Bloggs" wrote in message

    Thanks, I'm not that good with PC's and had a load of hassle with this and
    got things running quite well now, so don't want to risk a SR and causing
    more problems
    So thanks, will just live without the calendar gadget!
    All ideas much appreciated!

    You can always download the Google sidebar.
    I have it as a standby, ready to go at anytime.
    And is it just the calendar gadget given you trouble?
    If so, you shouldn't have any trouble solving it.

    webster72n, Jan 3, 2011
  9. Re: "Joe Bloggs" wrote in messageThanks, I am not that good with PC'sand had a

    1. Delete the calendar gadget from the sidebar.
    1. Open a command prompt with administrative rights.
    2. Type "regsvr32 vbscript" without the quotes.
    3. You should get a confirmation message that it succeeded.
    4. Add the calendar gadget to the sidebar and it should be working.

    Hope this can be useful for someone!

    Shobhit Singh, Mar 24, 2011