Re: Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Networking' started by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Jan 14, 2010.

  1. This is not easy case. Let' try these steps:

    1. When you loss the Internet connection, run ipconfig /all and make sure
    the IP is not 169.254.x.x.
    2. Ping the default gateway.
    3. If you can ping the default gateway, ping 4.2.2.1.
    4. If you can ping 4.2.2.1, ping a web site, for example ping
    chicagotech.net.

    post back with the result and ipconfig /all result.

    --
    Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Jan 14, 2010