Re: Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Networking' started by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Jan 14, 2010.

  1. This is not easy case. Let' try these steps:

    1. When you loss the Internet connection, run ipconfig /all and make sure
    the IP is not 169.254.x.x.
    2. Ping the default gateway.
    3. If you can ping the default gateway, ping
    4. If you can ping, ping a web site, for example ping

    post back with the result and ipconfig /all result.

    Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Jan 14, 2010