Re: Folder disapeared - and I need it back

Discussion in 'Windows Vista File Management' started by Michael Walraven, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. if you did a move of a folder but kept it in the same drive then it goes
    very fast, it may have been completed by the time you cancelled (only has to
    change some pointers for the folder, not the files under the folder). So it
    may have been successful and you only need to find out where. I would
    suggest that you do a search for 'images' everywhere including non-indexed
    locations and if that doesn't work, then do a search for *.jpg for instance
    using search everywhere including non indexed folders.
    Also I understand that Vista Business has shadow copy, so you can do a file
    restore using that (I don't have Business so can't say just how that is
    done.)

    Michael Walraven, Apr 22, 2009