Re: File copy error "Destination Folder is a Subfolder of the Source Folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Apr 14, 2004.

  1. No it is not.

    First, make sure CD writing is turned on for your burner. Open Windows
    Explorer, select your CD burner, right click. select properties, go to the
    Recording tab and make sure "Enable CD recording on this drive," is
    selected, if not, select it, click apply and ok.
    Second, this is a CD-RW drive is it not?
    Third, was the CD formatted? If yes, the CD was setup for packet writing,
    something XP does not support natively. XP does not write files directly to
    the CD, it first sends files to a temporary area in preparation for this
    process.
    Fourth, did you have CD burning software installed on your previous setup
    before installing XP. If yes, older CD burning software is not compatible
    with XP and if it was not removed, it might be interfering with the
    function.
    Fifth, make absolutely sure the source and destination are different.
    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Apr 14, 2004