Re: Fax just stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows XP Print / Fax' started by Shyama [MSFT], Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Run the following command and start the fax serveice.
    "net start fax"
    What are the Fax related events reported in the application log of Event
    viewer?

    If the service starts up fine then it is possible that the modem is not
    configured to send a receive.
    So open the fax printer properties from the "Printers and faxes" folder.
    (Start menu->Control Panel->Printers and faxes).
    If the fax printer is not installed select the file menu and add a local fax
    printer.
    Open the modem properties and select devices and configure the modem to send
    and receive.

    Thanks,
    --
    Shyama Prasad

    purposes only.

    "Nadyne Nelson" <> wrote in message
    > As of this morning, I am unable to send or receive a fax. I uninstalled

    the

    Shyama [MSFT], Jul 9, 2003