Re: exe file that *reliably* swaps Caps-Lock & Ctrl

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Registry' started by Fred Ma, May 4, 2005.

  1. Fred Ma

    Fred Ma Guest

    Pegasus (MVP) wrote:
    > "Fred Ma" <> wrote:
    >>The web is teeming with *.reg files and instructions for hacking the
    >>registry to do [swap functionality of ctrl & capslock keys]....they
    >>all seem to fail when using ctrl-drag or shift-ctrl-drag on some
    >>applications, including the latter in creating a link to a file in
    >>windows explorer....there was only one program that...worked
    >>properly in the ctrl-drag and shift-ctrl-drag operations

    > Here are a few that work:
    > remapkey.exe (Win2000 Resource Kit)
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/ctrl2cap.shtml
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx

    Thanks, Pegasus. Ctrl2cap was the one. I've emailed Mark to see if
    he would mind me hosting it.

    Fred

    Posted to: alt.os.windows2000
    :
    and separately to: microsoft.public.win2000.registry
    microsoft.public.win2000.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

    Fred Ma, May 4, 2005