Re: Excel not automatically updating cells

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Gord Dibben, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. Gord Dibben

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Erin

    Tools>Options>Calculation.

    Are you set to "manual"?

    Change to "automatic".

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Maybe resetting xl's calculation engine would help?

    I'd try selecting all the sheets (so I only have to do this once).

    Then select a single cell (so that all the cells are looked at in the next step)

    Edit|replace
    what: = (equal sign)
    with: = (equal sign)
    replace all

    Then ungroup the sheets.

    excel will see that you're changing formulas and reevaluate each of those
    formulas--maybe it'll wake excel up???

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Dec 6, 2006