Re: Error 0X000003eb during driver installation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jul 22, 2009.

  1. OK, so bear with me while I summize what you've done...

    You went to Add a Printer, Add a Network Printer, and having given a static
    IP address to the Xerox, you let the Vista PC 'find' the printer? And then
    it should just install the previously 'installed' drivers.

    Yes....... or you did something different?

    I have a Xerox 1650N on my network and everything works just perfectly... on
    XP, Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7.

    If you're using a different method of installtion, please give further
    details of exactly what you've done.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jul 22, 2009

  2. this is the error

    E:\>winerror 0X000003eb
    1003 ERROR_CAN_NOT_COMPLETE

    does the Standard TCP/IP Port get created using the network IP for the
    device?

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team