Re: Enabling Macros message when NO macros in workbook

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions' started by Stan Brown, Aug 5, 2012.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:20:59 -0500, Jack Deuce wrote:

    > In order to fix a problem in 117 worksheets I created a macro to
    > basically FORMAT, PROTECTION, check Locked, and check Hidden, then
    > CTL-PGEDOWN to advance to the next worksheet. After formatting all
    > the sheets, I deleted the macro, TOOLS, MACRO, MACROS and delete.

    You deleted the macro, but you didn't delete the module that contains
    it. Excel apparently is not smart enough to distinguish the empty
    module.

    Open your workbook and press Alt-F11 to bring up the Visual Basic
    editor. In the explorer-style list at the top left, find your
    workbook name. Double-click to expand it, if necessary. Double-
    click on the module to see the code and make sure you haven't
    forgotten about any other macro. The right-click the module and
    delete it. Close VB Editor and then in Excel save the workbook.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Shikata ga nai...

    Stan Brown, Aug 5, 2012