Re: DnsDiag.Exe tool help!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 DNS' started by Simon Geary, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Simon Geary

    Simon Geary Guest

    Do you have the IIS SMTP service installed? Dnsdiag needs this.

    "DS" <> wrote in message
    > I am running Windows 2003 Standard Edition with AD, DNS, IIS, and SQL
    > systems in the same box. I ran the "DnsDiag.Exe" and I got this error

    bwlow:

    Simon Geary, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Simon Geary

    DS Guest

    Yes I do but the service was disabled. I enabled it and still no go. Thanks
    for your response.

    Dan

    DS, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Simon Geary

    cminias

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    dnsdiag

    Just copy the dnsdiag.exe to the same directory "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv" and run it from there, or you can make sure that the path is defined in your sysedit....

    Faster to add the file to the same directory.

    cminias, Jul 2, 2006
  4. Simon Geary

    GavinC

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Install all required files for DNSDiag

    Tools such as DNSDiag require multiple system dlls.

    The fastest/best way to install all the required files is to go to "Add Remove Programs", select "Add Windows Components", and then drill down into "Application Server\Internet Information Serivces (IIS)" and install the "Common Files" option.

    Then add C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv to your %Path% variable.

    GavinC, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Simon Geary

    revisionbp

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a DC Windows 2003 without IIS and I didnĀ“t need to install it and only need to copy two dlls: iisrtl.dll & isatq.dll in the same folder of dnsdiag.exe.

    revisionbp, Jun 30, 2011