RE: Defender update Problem

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Spyware Community' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2006.

    "Talib" wrote:

    > When I try to update win defender beta 2, it says " windows defender was
    > unable to complete the update. 0x80072f8f.

    "v8108"
    I have the same problem... I have Windows XP Professional and installed this
    just last night, but Defender claims that the definition is not updated for
    past 65 days. When selecting the "Check for UPdate' button, the above message
    appears in the system tray.
    Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?
    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2006

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hello,

    did you try:
    start run regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll

    Tom Emmelot, Apr 1, 2006

  3. If you go to Windows Update, do an express scan, are Defender updates
    offered? Apply all offered critical updates.

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 1, 2006