Re: Conditional formatting in pivot tables?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Debra Dalgleish, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. You can apply conditional formatting to pivot table values in Excel
    2007. In earlier versions, you can apply conditional formatting to cells
    in a pivot table, but if the layout changes, the formatting doesn't move
    with the cells.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

    Debra Dalgleish, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Debra Dalgleish

    Guest Guest

    Hi Debra ...

    If pivot table conditional formatting is applied through Excel 2007, but
    then the pivot table is viewed by a user on Excel 2003, will the conditional
    formatting still hold for that user? Thanks ... this is a major issue for
    our company as nearly all of our dashboard reports are Excel pivot tables
    connected to Sql Server.

    William 3

    Guest, Jun 9, 2007

  3. No, unfortunately that won't work.

    In Excel 2007, if a pivot table is not created in compatibility mode, it
    will be read only in older versions.

    If it's created while in compatibility mode, Excel users with older
    versions will be able to interact with the pivot table. However, you
    won't be able to use the new conditional formatting features while
    creating the pivot table in compatibility mode.

    Debra Dalgleish, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Debra Dalgleish

    Guest Guest

    Thank you, Debra ... that's what I figured.

    Guest, Jun 11, 2007