Re: Computer cant read CD-ROMS

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Rock, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. Rock

    Rock Guest

    "Dragon" wrote

    > HELP!
    >
    > My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
    > driver
    > isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
    >
    > OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
    > Manufacture: NEC Corperation
    > CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
    > Sound:None
    > RAM: Unknown
    > MEMORY: Unknown
    >
    > I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS command
    > setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
    > READ
    > the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

    The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to one
    for Win95.

    Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

    Rock, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Rock

    Guest Guest

    "Rock" wrote:

    > "Dragon" wrote
    >
    > > HELP!
    > >
    > > My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
    > > driver
    > > isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
    > >
    > > OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
    > > Manufacture: NEC Corperation
    > > CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
    > > Sound:None
    > > RAM: Unknown
    > > MEMORY: Unknown
    > >
    > > I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS command
    > > setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
    > > READ
    > > the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

    > The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to one
    > for Win95.
    >
    > Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

    OK, Sorry

    But the PC came with A startup disk. The startup disk thinks that the CD
    drive is "R"
    when its realy "F". I changed the letter in the disk to "F" but the disk
    says "No such drive F:/"
    There is not A driver for it. I need the DOS command for A new CD-ROM drive.

    THX

    Guest, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Rock

    Rock Guest

    "Dragon" wrote

    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    >> "Dragon" wrote
    >>
    >> > HELP!
    >> >
    >> > My cd-rom drive dosn't read CD-ROMS anymore. I think that the CD-ROM
    >> > driver
    >> > isd lost, And I cant rebuild my C: drive. Below is my PC information:
    >> >
    >> > OS: Windows 95 (Unknown Version)
    >> > Manufacture: NEC Corperation
    >> > CD-DRIVE LETTER: F:/
    >> > Sound:None
    >> > RAM: Unknown
    >> > MEMORY: Unknown
    >> >
    >> > I know that there is not A driver on there. But I need the MS-DOS
    >> > command
    >> > setup that drive. I need to know A command on how to make the Computer
    >> > READ
    >> > the F:/. I just don't know how. Please help me!

    >> The OS listed is Win95. This is an XP OS newsgroup. You should post to
    >> one
    >> for Win95.
    >>
    >> Here is a list of MS newsgroups on the Web:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx
    >>

    > OK, Sorry
    >
    > But the PC came with A startup disk. The startup disk thinks that the CD
    > drive is "R"
    > when its realy "F". I changed the letter in the disk to "F" but the disk
    > says "No such drive F:/"
    > There is not A driver for it. I need the DOS command for A new CD-ROM
    > drive.

    The answer is still the same. Post to a Win95 newsgroup. I have you the
    link to the newsgroups on the web.

    Rock, Dec 13, 2006