Re: Compress PST files

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Calendar' started by annieluise04@gmail.com, Jul 31, 2012.

  1. Guest

    On Monday, August 14, 2000 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Robert Kufrin wrote:
    > I have a PST file that has grown to 85 megs in size. I would
    > like to split the file into pieces and make it smaller. I
    > have copied the pst file into a 1998 version, a 1999 version
    > and a 2000 version and deleted all the email not in that
    > particular year. Using the advanced compact command hasn't
    > really done much. I do not use the journal feature, but do
    > make extensive use of the calendar. Is there any way to
    > delete all calendar entries that fall outside a certain
    > interval. For example I want to have a pst file that only
    > has the calendar for January 1, 2000 to July 31, 2000. I
    > would exclude all the email outside that interval so the pst
    > file would be fairly complete. As far as I can tell the
    > longer you use Outlook the longer it will maintain the prior
    > years calendars. One option that I considered was to delete
    > the file and only copy in the calendar data for the interval
    > I want, but I don't know how to specify the interval. My
    > concern is that I use a 100 meg zip disk to move data from
    > my office to my home and I am starting to get close. Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Bob Kufrin

    If your PSt file size has grown more than its limit then there is no need to delete any files from it because doing that will not let you make access with your data stored in PST file. that means it will not sort out your large sized PST problematic issues.Instead you will have to split your over sized PSt files into small PSt files by using a PST file splitter software.
    You can get more details from here : http://www.splitpstfree.com

    , Jul 31, 2012

  2. MIkeRonit

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kernel for PST Split is very reliable software that is exclusively designed to split large sized PST files into smaller manageable files. It maintains the data integrity even after the split. It creates small sized independent files that can be attached with ease. This utility comes in handy when user needs to send some crucial document and the size is very big to be attached in email at once. Even if the file is currently shared over network, user can perform split functions.To know more visit [/FONT]http://www.splitpstfile.net/

    MIkeRonit, Aug 29, 2012