Re: Codec for .avi file

Discussion in 'Windows XP MovieMaker' started by LVTravel, Feb 22, 2011.

  1. LVTravel

    LVTravel Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can someone provide any info. as to what codec to use for importing an
    > .avi file into Window Movie Maker?

    It would depend on the program that created the AVI file. AVI is only a
    container that could have any one of a number of differing file formats, in
    other words, not all AVI files are created equal.

    If you go to www.papajohn.org and look at the Import Movie Source Files,
    Video, AVI it may give you more information that any other person on here
    may be able to give you. Papa John's web site is the one place I always go
    to for information on WMM. Hope it helps you.

    LVTravel, Feb 22, 2011