Re: Check value range, then return spesific number?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Discussion' started by Claus Busch, Jan 29, 2012.

  1. Claus Busch

    Claus Busch Guest

    Hi Arne,

    Am Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:54:43 GMT schrieb Arne Pedersen:

    > When I enter a number into a cell, another number shows in another cell, based upon the number first entered. A bit more spesific:
    > The idea is to calculate the number of instructors needed for a week end seminar. 1 participant requires 1 instructor. Same for 2 participants, and 3.
    > 4, 5 and 6 participants requires 2 instructors. 7, 8 and 9 participants requires 3 instructors. And so on. For every 3 participant, we apply 1 instructor.
    > So, i.e. if I enter the number 5, i want the number 2 in the cell below.

    Number of participants in A1, then in A2:
    =VLOOKUP(A1,{0,1;4,2;7,3;10,4;13,5;16,6},2,1)

    Regards
    Claus Busch
    --
    Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2