RE: can't send/receive, connection to server failed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by Madlyn, Nov 20, 2009.

  1. Madlyn

    Madlyn Guest

    Hi. Use Comcast Desktop Doctor to set the window mail, then go into TOOLS,
    ACCOUNTS, MAIL, PROPERTIES, ADVANCED and change OUTGOING Port: 25,
    Secure(SSL) to 587 and the INCOMING SSL should be 110. Don't use any checks.

    In the SERVER properties use this mail.comcast.net, and not pop.comcast.net.
    Madlyn

    Madlyn, Nov 20, 2009

  2. Please don't confuse the OP with irrelevant facts.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen \(MS MVP\), Nov 20, 2009