Re: Can't see files but I know they're there

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by glee, Jul 6, 2012.

  1. glee

    glee Guest

    "Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
    >I am using Windows 7 and I have a partition with over 80Gb of data on
    >it. However my computer (explorer) suggests that the partition is empty
    >although properties does show 80Gb of data used. Treesize however
    >shows all the data & I can actually open files from within Treesize.
    >
    > What do I need to do please, for my computer (explorer) to show my
    > files again?

    Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/

    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Jul 6, 2012

  2. glee

    Char Jackson Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:22:13 -0400, "glee" <>
    wrote:

    >"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message
    >>I am using Windows 7 and I have a partition with over 80Gb of data on
    >>it. However my computer (explorer) suggests that the partition is empty
    >>although properties does show 80Gb of data used. Treesize however
    >>shows all the data & I can actually open files from within Treesize.
    >>
    >> What do I need to do please, for my computer (explorer) to show my
    >> files again?

    >Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
    >http://www.sevenforums.com/

    I don't think the problem described above is Win 7 specific, but FYI
    there's an active Win 7 newsgroup at alt.windows7.general.

    Char Jackson, Jul 6, 2012

  3. glee

    > "Char Jackson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:22:13 -0400, "glee" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Tony" <tony Battle@ tesco.net> wrote in message

    >>>Tony, ask in a Windows 7 forum:
    >>>http://www.sevenforums.com/

    >> I don't think the problem described above is Win 7 specific, but FYI
    >> there's an active Win 7 newsgroup at alt.windows7.general.

    > Thank you. I didn't realise that there was a Win7 newgroup; there
    > wasn't when I last looked. I have checked the forums but they didn't
    > help. I use XP on another computer and have always found this ng so
    > helpful and as. like you. I wasn't convinced the problem was Win 7
    > specific I posted the problem here.
    >
    > I have now reposted to windows7.general

    Did you *ask* on the specific forum I linked (one of the better forums)
    or did you just *look* to see if someone else has already asked the same
    question?
    The problem may not be Win7 specific, but the resolution may be....
    Windows Explorer, as well as the kernel and many other parts of the OS,
    is a totally different creature in Win7 than it is in XP. That is why
    asking Win7 questions in an XP group isn't a good idea.
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Jul 7, 2012