Re: Can't print from MS Office after installing Vista SP2

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by Mike Hall - MVP, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. "leftylenn" <> wrote in message

    > I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
    > programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
    > days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
    > from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
    > I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
    > it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
    > MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
    > How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
    > to be able to print from MS Office programs.
    > FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions? :(
    >

    > --
    > leftylenn

    Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
    later driver from the printer manufacturer website?

    --

    Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

    Mike Hall - MVP, Sep 14, 2009

  2. Mike Hall - MVP

    KimberlyH Guest

    "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

    > "leftylenn" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
    > > programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
    > > days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
    > > from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
    > > I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
    > > it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
    > > MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
    > > How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
    > > to be able to print from MS Office programs.
    > > FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions? :(
    > >

    > > --
    > > leftylenn
    > >

    > Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
    > later driver from the printer manufacturer website?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

    I also cannot print after installing the SP2 for Vista Home Premium - cannot
    print from Microsoft office except through Send to OneNote or Adobe's PDF
    files.

    Printer drivers have been updated Brother MFC420CN - no issues with them -
    LEXMARK printer has no issues but was not installed prior to the update.

    Regards,
    Kimberly

    KimberlyH, Sep 22, 2009

  3. Rather than just update, uninstall and reinstall the printer.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Sep 23, 2009