Re: Can't enter data in Date field on form

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Forms' started by Jeanette Cunningham, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. Hi MarieM,
    2 things to check:
    Does the form have its allow edits set to yes.
    Check the locked property of the data text box,
    - on the property tab for the text boxk
    - on the data tab
    - if locked is set to Yes, then change it to No.
    Open the form in normal form view and see if you can edit the date.

    If still no luck:
    Look at the query that is the record source for the form.
    Open the query in data sheet view and look at the navigation buttons at the
    bottom.
    Can you see the * on the right end where you would click to add a new
    record?
    Check if you can add a new record to this query.
    Some queries will not let you add a new record - if this is the case - the
    query is called 'not updateable' and you will not be able to edit the data
    of this query.
    If this is the reason, you will need to make a new query for the form that
    will allow you to edit the date.

    Jeanette Cunningham, Dec 3, 2008