Re: Canon IP5000: yellow misses rows

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Gene West, Mar 8, 2010.

  1. Gene West

    Gene West Guest

    rencaa wrote:
    > Thank you. I did a deep cleaning and nozzle check again(I already did).
    > All the colours are perfect, yellow too but the yellow line is half
    > compared to the others!
    > I really can't understand what is the problem with yellow!
    > If somedbody has an idea please help! I don't want to by a new printer,
    > I used this one not so much.

    Sounds like a problem that I had with a black head on my Canon 4000. My
    black only printing had a white band also much like you are describing.
    I tried cleaning multiple times with different approaches, all to no
    avail. I played with various modes with the draft and normal modes
    obtaining the same problem. I worked on putting my printer into a mode
    where it printed with the good half only and I got it to work but very
    slow. The mode (I can't remember) was something like Hi Res paper and
    photo. I believe it was put into a unidirectional scan (probably 4
    swipes) which used the good portion of my head.

    My analysis is that 1/2 the head is used for one direction and the other
    half for the reverse direction. Don't know the algorithms of the Canon S/W

    I finally took a chance on it being the print head and purchased a new
    one for about $55 and now it works as new.

    I don't know how the original head failed, but it did.

    Hope this helps,
    Geneo

    Gene West, Mar 8, 2010