Re: Access Folder Denied

Discussion in 'Windows Vista File Management' started by Gordon, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "suhjonathan" <> wrote in message

    > I have a HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC with processors as AMD TurionT
    > X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHZ. OS is Windows VistaT Home Premium
    > Service Pack 2. Antivirus is AVG 8.5 Free Edition and Windows Defender.
    > I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn't like it so I uninstalled
    > it. After I uninstalled it, a window came up saying something like
    > "Windows did not delete all the files. You can delete them manually." So
    > then I looked for the file in my C Drive and there it was in my Program
    > Files (x86) folder. So I clicked delete, but it said Folder Access
    > Denied and gave me the details: Windows File Operation:
    > {3AD05575-8857-4850-9277-11B85BDB8209}. I need to delete them ASAP. Plz
    > help.

    Go to Accessories in the Start Menu and right-click on Windows Explorer.
    Choose "Run as Administrator". Then try and remove the folder.

    Gordon, Oct 16, 2009

  2. Gordon

    > Tried that... didn't work. Any other way?

    Tried WHAT?

    Who are you talking to and about what?

    Please note:
    This is NOT a chat room and although you think you are posting to a forum
    run by Techarena - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup.
    Techarena forums leach off the Microsoft News Servers in order to make them
    seem far busier than they really are.Those of us (the vast majority) who use
    the MS News server rather than Techarena forums have NO IDEA what you are
    talking about.

    You will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe
    to these groups directly, rather than through TechArena.
    Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups

    Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader

    If you must stay with TechArena then please follow Usenet custom by quoting
    the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

    Thank you.

    http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm

    Gordon, Oct 17, 2009

  3. Gordon

    Gordon, Oct 20, 2009
  4. Gordon

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, suhjonathan.

    > I tried it and it didn't work.

    "I tried it" tells us nothing! "Didn't work" tell us nothing!

    Please tell us, step by step, exactly what you did. And tell us what
    results you saw. If there are any error messages, please post them here -
    verbatim - do not paraphrase. Language that looks like gibberish to you
    will probably be highly informative to those who can help you.

    When you tell us the steps you took, we have a chance to see where you may
    have stepped off the path. "Tried it" gives us no such opportunity.
    "Didn't work" does not tell us HOW it failed.

    In your first post, you said:
    > I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn’t like it so I uninstalled

    it. After I uninstalled it, a window came up saying something like
    “Windows did not delete all the files. You can delete them manually.”

    You did not tell us HOW you "uninstalled" it. Did you use Vista's Programs
    and Features? Or some other method? Does that Joiner program have its own
    proprietary uninstaller? Did you use that? (And have you scanned your
    system for malware since installing that program?)

    There are ways to use the Command Prompt to remove stubborn files, but
    there's no use going into that detail until we know more about what exactly
    what you did and exactly what results you saw.

    If you respond again with simply "tried it; didn't work", I will not try
    again to help you. :>(

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA