Re: A7V333 and USB2 help needed - USB Info.gif (0/1)

Discussion in 'Asus Motherboards' started by paul, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. paul

    paul Guest

    "Ilan G" <> wrote in message
    > I can only get my USB 1.1 ports to function everything works when

    connected to them,
    > BUT nothing works when connected to the USB2.0 ports.
    >
    > I have Windows XP professional with all the latest updates/patches
    >
    > The jumper is enabled for USB2.0 devices [USB 2.0 Compliant Device Enable]
    > The motherboard comes with six USB sockets
    > of which 4 are in the main cluster of I/O connections [2 x 1.1's and 2 x

    2.0's]
    > and then separately 2 USB sockets that can either be 1.1 or 2.0
    > mine only work when plugged into the 1.1 Header
    >
    > attached is a GIF from my device manager, I think it is showing all the

    right things for
    > USB 2.0 to work correctly.
    >
    > How would I detect to see if it is a hardware fault?
    > I have 4 USB devices:
    > Lexmark Z13 inkjet printer, MS-optical mouse, D-Link ADSL modem and an

    Acer scanner
    > Do devices connecting to USB2.0 have to be USB2.0 compliant?
    >
    > My motherboard is a A7V333 Rev 1.01 purchased around June 2002.
    > BIOS Revsion 1015
    >
    > tia for any help,
    >

    > Ilan.
    > email : !.pacific.net.au
    > "Real individualism is the obligation to act as a citizen",
    > John Ralston Saul, The Unconscious Civilization
    > http://www.abc.net.au/specials/saul/fulltext.htm

    i have a problem also with my additiona 2 usb ports, all patchs and updates
    are installed. however when a usb device is plugged into the extra 2 ports
    the PC will tend to lock up. can anyone point me in the direction to recify
    this problem.

    paul, Jun 23, 2003

  2. paul

    goodtime212

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    If you go to the Asus support/download page. Enter you A7V333 as your model you will see a download under 'others'. It is a microsoft patch that solely addresses your problem. Run this and your troubles will be over.
    TRY THIS LINK:
    http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=A7V333&p=1&s=10

    goodtime212, Jan 6, 2012