Quad's Humour Thread

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Heaven - Eveerything is free!

An 85-year-old couple, after being married for almost 60 years, died in a car crash. They had been in good health the last ten years, mainly due to her interest in health food and exercising.

When they reached the Pearly Gates, St. Peter took them to their mansion, which was decked out with a beautiful kitchen, master bath suite and a Jacuzzi.

As they looked around, the old man asked St. Peter “How much all this was going to cost”,

“It's free”; St. Peter replied, “this is Heaven”.

Next, they went out in the back yard to survey the championship-style golf course that the home was located. They would have golfing privileges every day and each week, the course changed to a new one representing the great golf courses on earth. The old man asked, “What are the green fees?”

St. Peter replied, “This is heaven, you play for free”.

Next, they went to the clubhouse and saw the lavish buffet lunch with the cuisines of the World laid out. “How much to eat?” asked the old man. “Don't you understand yet? “This is heaven, it is free!”

St. Peter replied, with some exasperation. “Well, where are the low fat and low cholesterol tables?” the old man asked timidly. St. Peter lectured, “That's the best part, you can eat as much as you like of whatever you like and you never get fat and you never get sick”. “This is Heaven”.

With that, the old man went into a fit of anger, throwing down his hat and stomping on it, and screaming wildly. St. Peter and his wife both tried to calm him down, asking him what was wrong. The old man looked at his wife and said, “This is all your fault! If it weren't for your blasted bran muffins,

I could have been here ten years ago!”

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Volunteer Fire Department

[font=&quot]A fire started on some grassland near a farm in [/font][font=&quot]Indiana[/font][font=&quot]. The fire department from the nearby town was called to put the fire out.

The fire proved to be more than the small town fire department could handle, so someone suggested that a rural volunteer fire department be called.

Though there was doubt that they would be of any assistance, the call was made.

The volunteer fire department arrived in a dilapidated old fire truck. They drove straight towards the fire and stopped in the middle of the flames. The volunteer firemen jumped off the truck and frantically started spraying water in all directions. Soon they had snuffed out the center of the fire, breaking the blaze into two easily controllable parts.

The farmer was so impressed with the volunteer fire department's work and so grateful that his farm had been spared, that he presented the volunteer fire department with a check for $1000.

A local news reporter asked the volunteer fire captain what the department planned to do with the funds.

"That should be obvious," he responded, "the first thing we're gonna do is get the brakes fixed on that stupid fire truck."

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

[/font]

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Daisy

A man sat quietly reading his morning paper one Sunday morning. Suddenly, he is knocked almost senseless by his wife, who stands behind him holding a frying pan in hand.

Man: "What was that for?"

Wife: "Why do you have a piece of paper in your pocket with "Daisy" written on it?"

Man: "Oh honey, don't you remember two weeks ago when I went to the horse races? Marylou was the name of the horse I bet on."

The wife was satisfied, and appologized for bonking him.

Three days later he is again sitting reading the paper when once again he is bonked on the head.

Man: "What's that for this time?"

Wife: "Your horse called."

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Three Irishmen

[font=&quot]Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean and Shamus, were stumbling home late one night and found themselves on the road which led past the old graveyard.
"Come have a look over here", says Paddy, "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, God bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87."
"That's nothing", says Sean, "here's one named Patrick O'Toole. It says here that he was 95 when he died."
Just then, Shamus yells out, "But here's a fella that died when he was 145 years old!"
"What was his name?" asks Paddy.
Shamus lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker, and exclaims, "Miles, from Dublin."

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

[/font]

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chinese Jews

[font=&quot]Sid and Al were sitting in a Chinese restaurant. "Sid," asked Al. "Are there any Jews in [/font][font=&quot]China[/font][font=&quot]?" "I don't know," Sid replied. "Why don't we ask the waiter?" When the waiter came by, Al asked him, "Are there any Chinese Jews?" "I don't know sir, let me ask," the waiter replied, and he went into the kitchen. He returned in a few minutes and said, "No, sir. No Chinese Jews."

"Are you sure?" Al asked. "I will check again, sir." the waiter replied, and went back to the kitchen. While he was still gone, Sid said, "I cannot believe there are no Jews in [/font][font=&quot]China[/font][font=&quot]. Our people are scattered everywhere." When the waiter returned he said, "Sir, no Chinese Jews." "Are you really sure?" Al asked again. "I cannot believe there are no Chinese Jews." "Sir, I ask everyone," the waiter replied exasperated. "We have Orange Jews, Prune Jews, Tomato Jews and Grape Jews, but no Chinese Jews!"

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

[/font]

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Supplies!

[font=&quot]An Englishman, Scotsman and Chinaman want to join the army. A Corporal is
assigned the task of finding posts for them.

"What do you want to do?" he asks the Scotsman.

"Well, I've always been a bit fancy with the rifle," he replies, and is sent to the Artillery Division.

"What about you then?" he says to the Englishman.

"Mechanics and what not, for me!" he states, and the corporal puts him in the Engineers Division.

The Chinaman says he likes cooking. "I'll put you in the Supplies Division, then," says the Corporal. Couple of weeks later, he looks for the new recruits' supervisors, to check up on them. "That Scot could shoot a fly of a ducks back at 400 yards!" Artillery says. Engineers are no less enthusiastic about the Englishman. "He could strip and rebuild a tank blindfolded!" But the Chinaman is nowhere to be found! Supplies have never heard of him.

The whole camp is turned upside down looking for him. Finally the Corporal
opens a wardrobe and the Chinaman leaps on him! "SUPPLIES!" he shouts with
a grin.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

[/font]

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chicken

A chicken walks into the library. It goes up to the circulation desk and says: "book, bok, bok, boook". The librarian hands the chicken a book. It tucks it under his wing and runs out.

A while later, the chicken runs back in, throws the first book into the return bin and goes back to the librarian saying: "book, bok, bok, bok, boook". Again the librarian gives it a book, and the chicken runs out. The librarian shakes her head.

Within a few minutes, the chicken is back, returns the book and starts all over again: "boook, book, bok bok boook". The librarian gives him yet a third book, but this time as the chicken is running out the door, she follows it.

The chicken runs down the street, through the park and down to the riverbank. There, sitting on a lily pad is a big, green frog. The chicken holds up the book and shows it to the frog, saying: "Book, bok, bok, boook". The frog blinks, and croaks: "read-it, read-it, read-it".

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Today's Stock Market Report

Helium was up, feathers were down.
Paper was stationary.
Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading.
Knives were up sharply.
Cows steered into a bull market.
Pencils lost a few points.
Hiking equipment was trailing.
Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline.
Weights were up in heavy trading.
Light switches were off.
Mining equipment hit rock bottom.
Diapers remained unchanged.
Shipping lines stayed at an even keel.
The market for raisins dried up.
Coca-Cola fizzled.
Caterpillar stock inched up a bit.
Sun peaked at midday.
Balloon prices were inflated.
Scott Tissue touched a new bottom.
And batteries exploded in an attempt to recharge the market.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Russian Baby

Morris and Becky were delighted when finally their long wait to adopt a baby came to an end. The adoption center called and told them they had a wonderful Russian baby boy and the couple took him without hesitation.

On the way home from the adoption center, they stopped by the local college so they each could enroll in night courses.

After they filled out the form, the registration clerk inquired,"What ever possessed you to study Russian?"

The couple said proudly, "We just adopted a Russian baby and in ayear or so he'll start to talk. We just want to be able to understand him."

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Golf

Moses, Jesus, and an older, bearded man were out playing golf one day.

Moses pulled up to the tee and drove a long one. It landed in the fairway but rolled directly toward a water hazard. Quickly, Moses raised his club, the water parted and it rolled to the other side, safe and sound.

Next, Jesus strolled up to the tee and hit a nice long one, directly toward the same water hazard. It landed directly in the center of the pond and kind of hovered over the water. Jesus casually walked out on the pond and chipped it up onto the green.

The third guy got up and sort of randomly whacked the ball. It headed out over the fence and into oncoming traffic on a nearby street. It bounced off a truck and hit a nearby tree. From there it bounced onto the roof of a nearby shack and rolled down into the gutter, down the down spout, out onto the fairway, and right toward the aforementioned pond. On the way to the pond, it hit a little stone and bounced out over the water and onto a lily pad, where it rested quietly. Suddenly, a very large bullfrog jumped up on the lily pad and snatched the ball into his mouth. Just then, an eagle swooped down and grabbed the frog and flew away. As they passed over the green, the frog squealed with fright and dropped the ball, which bounced right into the hole for a beautiful hole-in-one.

Moses then turned to Jesus and said, "I hate playing with your Dad."

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Church Mice Problem

Three Pastors were having lunch together at a diner.

The first Pastor said, "Ya know, since summer started I've been having trouble with mice in my church. I've tried everything--noise, spray, cats--nothing seems to scare them away.

The second Pastor then said "Yea, me too. I've got hundreds living in the basement of the church. I've set traps and even called an expert to get rid of them, yet they still won't go away."

With a grin on his face, the third Pastor said, "I had the same problem so I baptized all mine and made them members of the church... Haven't seen one back since!!!"

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Psychology Experiment

A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage, he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, "Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?"

She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, "NO! I won't sleep with you tonight!" Everyone in the bar is now staring at them. Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology, and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations."

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, "What do you mean $200?!"

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chair Test

An eccentric philosophy professor gave a one question final exam after a semester dealing with a broad array of topics.

The class was already seated and ready to go when the professor picked up his chair, plopped it on his desk and wrote on the board: "Using everything we have learned this semester, prove that this chair does not exist."

Fingers flew, erasers erased, notebooks were filled in furious fashion. Some students wrote over 30 pages in one hour attempting to refute the existence of the chair. One member of the class however, was up and finished in less than a minute. Weeks later when the grades were posted, the rest of the group wondered how he could have gotten an A when he had barely written anything at all.

His answer consisted of two words: "What chair?"

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Home Security System

The following are a few simple ways to keep burglars out of the house by putting a few signs in well-placed locations: Dear Mr. Butcher, starting tomorrow, please leave eight pounds of meat for Brutus. Six pounds only makes him angry and vicious!

Dear Mr. Mailman, we found bloodstains all over our mail. They must be yours. The next time you put mail into our slot, please be sure to keep all parts of your body well clear of all openings. P.S. - Any sign of that book we sent for, "The Care and Feeding of Wild Jungle Cats"?

Dear Mr. Exterminator, be very careful when you go inside! The termites have eaten through most of the floorboards and you will fall into the basement where all of the rats are!

To whom it may concern: Some of the items in this house have been engraved with Federal Identification Numbers. Others have merely been wired to explode when touched. Good luck...

Selma, don't come in! The boa constrictor got loose again…

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Professional Baby Names

Baby name ideas, based on your occupation.....

Lawyer's daughter: Sue
Thief's son: Rob
Lawyer's son: Will
Doctor's son: Bill
Meteorologist's daughter: Haley

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question