Windows XP PXE E05 The Lan Adapter is corrupted the boot agent cannot continue

Reaction score
PXE E05 The Lan Adapter configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized the boot agent cannot continue. I am running Windows XP pro on a toshiba P750 notebook I did nothing to the computer. I was able to create a boot floppy on another XP computer, but I can't get it to boot from the floppy. I am hitting F2 as it says on the start up screen to enter set up but it goes directly to the error message without letting me edit the BIOS to make it boot from the floppy. I have tried hitting F2 I have tried holding down F2 I have tried hitting F8 to start iin safe mode. Sorry I am not able to be more specific on the lan adapter I am unable to check it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have seen the same problem in the past. Sounds like your machine thinks it is booting from a network. Try unplug the Lan/Ethernet cable and see what happens. And I vaguely remeber the person who said laptop belonged to updating LAN drivers afterwards and all was fine.

Ask a Question