    notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
    communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
    have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.

    _Daniel Sullivan, Oct 9, 2003

  2. A published application is made available to the user for use via Add/Remove
    Programs. It still requires user interaction to actually install the
    application. (The user must navigate to ARP and go to Add New Programs and
    select the application or double-click a file extension for a published app for
    it to be installed.)

    An assigned application is advertised/installed automatically for the user --
    i.e. the user can't choose whether or not it happens.

    Hope this helps,
    - Carolyn Napier
    Microsoft Windows Installer Team

    purposes only.