    (i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I believe) inside the
    PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for this info? Its not stored in
    ASCII viewable format in the PST file as I've searched for it.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Do you mean you are trying to rename a PST store?
    PST filee format is not documented. On the MAPI level, all you need to do is
    modify the PR_DISPLAY_NAME property of the corresponding IMsgStore object.

    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/
    OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
    and MAPI Developer Tool

    Dmitry Streblechenko, Feb 13, 2007

    I guess I'm not up on the exact termonology but its the name that is
    displayed in the View/Folder List pane or can be set under the Properties of
    the PST, Advanced button.

    Can I reference the MAPI libraries without Outlook installed? I ask because
    this would be done on a server where we would not want to install Outlook.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2007

    Dan Mitchell Guest

    Dan Mitchell, Feb 13, 2007

    Dan Mitchell Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljayBF?= <> wrote in
    > I need to be able to programmatically write over the information store
    > name (i.e. Personal Folders, Archive Folders, etc.) written (I
    > believe) inside the PST file? Does anyone know the byte offset for
    > this info? Its not stored in ASCII viewable format in the PST file as
    > I've searched for it.

    I've not tried this myself, but it might be what you want:

    http://alioth.debian.org/projects/libpst/

    -- dan

    Dan Mitchell, Feb 13, 2007

    Super, I'll take a look at this. Thanks for the help.

    Guest, Feb 14, 2007