Windows Vista Pros and Cons of Windows Vista

Reaction score
I have recently bought a window vista ultimate and was pretty mad once i installed the product.Although there lots of cool new features added such as the new 3d screening but the bad thing is that most of my printers and other usb connected devices don't work due to the fact that it's too "old"(all products from 2005).it seems that vista has not yet updated 2005 and older products so if your computer is used for business i suggest you wait few months or until they fix the bugs until purchasing vista

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, but when has Microsoft been responsible for "printers & other USB devices" attached to your PC ?

You would be better off moaning at the printer manufacturers for their lack of support. :thumb:

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
MS may not be responsible, but if you have lots of older devices it is well worth running the Windows Vista compatibility checker to make sure you can still use all your devices. I've had problems with 2 wireless network cards, neither of which had vista drivers and caused me some problems. My printers XP drivers seem to work OK, and my scanners XP drivers sometimes work ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I got a question!
Ok theres a person at a local computer shop- and he says its pointless to have a 2x 8800GTX and a Quad core duo running on a machine with XP. he also said that the machine would perform better on Vista...
what do you think?

muckshifter

Reaction score
easy question ... simple answer

Alf said:
I got a question!
Ok theres a person at a local computer shop- and he says its pointless to have a 2x 8800GTX and a Quad core duo running on a machine with XP. he also said that the machine would perform better on Vista...
what do you think?
dx10 don't work on XP ;)

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well... give me one DX 10 game out right now :D
if you need vista in the future all the better- still that system will do fine in todays game, no?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
Well... give me one DX 10 game out right now :D
if you need vista in the future all the better- still that system will do fine in todays game, no?
Alf, I'm not a gamer ... but will this list do for starters ?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77741

:lol:

You asked ... and the shop was right, but then if you wanna hold off, and restrict your PC, 'tis up to you. :p

:user:

Ask a Question