    Company Name
    3300 NW 55th Court
    Fort Lauderdale FL 33309

    Guest, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Although this is outside of the purpose of this newsgroup, I am a bit anal
    about using the Post Office's system for addressing mail.

    http://www.usps.com/businessmail101/addressing/deliveryAddress.htm

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jul 6, 2006

  3. Although this is outside of the purpose of this newsgroup, I am a bit anal

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jul 6, 2006
  4. An attention line should go below the company name, but IMO there are only
    two good reasons to use an attention line instead of just addressing the
    letter to the person directly (on the first line, followed by the company
    name on the second):

    1. You don't know the person's full name (this is often the case when you're
    told to send something to the attention of "Wendy" or "Mr. Smith").

    2. If you're addressing something to a position or department or perhaps
    someone who represents a position or department, and you want the letter to
    go to the appropriate person even if "Mr. Black" is no longer with the firm.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 6, 2006
  5. An attention line should go below the company name, but IMO there are only

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Unfortunately the post office wants to see the name first, then the company.

    From usps.com:

    "The delivery address is the most important information on your mailpiece.
    Use the following format for your delivery addresses:

    Name or attention line: JANE L MILLER
    Company:MILLER ASSOCIATES
    Suite or apartment number: [STE 2006]
    Delivery address: 1960 W CHELSEA AVE STE 2006
    City, state, ZIP Code: ALLENTOWN PA 18104

    Automated mail processing machines read addresses on mailpieces from the
    bottom up and will first look for a city, state, and ZIP Code. Then the
    machines look for a delivery address. If the machines can't find either
    line, then your mailpiece could be delayed or misrouted. Any information
    below the delivery address line (a logo, a slogan, or an attention line)
    could confuse the machines and misdirect your mail. "

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jul 7, 2006
  7. Unfortunately the post office wants to see the name first, then the company.

    From usps.com:

    JoAnn Paules [MVP], Jul 7, 2006