Windows Vista profile freezes

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently dropped my lap top (HP 6880SE, vista, symantec AV, 3GB mem). i had to use the recovery tool that comes with the computer and recovered my stuff. i'm able to login via safe mode fine, but, whenever i login normally the profile freezes. i ran a chkdsk and got this:

Index entry WmiApRpl.h in index $130 of file 239645 is incorrect
Index entry WmiApRpl_new.ini in index $130 of file 239645 is incorrect
Index entry WMIAPR~1. INI in index $130 of file 239645 is incorrect

i got this from this thread: https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3525800.php

i turned off the winmanagement. restarted and still same problem.
moved the files in the REPOSITORY folders (..\system32\wbem) (didn't want to delete them)

same error, just different problem. i can restart in safe mode, i can't do anything in regular mode. it completely freezes.

i also got this error once and never again:

logon process has failed to create the security options dialog.
Failure - security options delivery

i click on and profile still frozen.

i did a chkdsk /f. restarted, it ran chkdsk and restarted again. problem still exists. i have to cold boot and go through safe mode to do anything.

i did a factory default on the computer and still happens. i don't know why safe mode works and not regular mode.

please help!!

Reaction score
I conducted a test to the hard disks from within the BIOS, called "Hard Drive Self Test"!
The result of this test in the primary disk was not pretty: "#10009 - Replace Hard Disk"!
the OS still loads tho and i can still log in via safe mode.

Reaction score
i also did a chkdsk /r, chkdsk /f, sfc /scannow and no luck yet. i'm going to try using some of the tools erd commander has. i've seen this error in multiple places, but, all say safe mode doesn't work and mine does. i've deleted and created profiles and problem still exists.
i'm doing a chksdk /r and looks like it replaced a bunch of bad clusters. hopefully this works. it's 11% done. any ideas would be great!

thanks again!

Ask a Question