Processor Chilly Willy Charts

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew a site that benchmarked processor coolers? like a table or graph or summut, so i could see which cooler is better than another. Anything would be helpful.

Thnaks For Your Time Ya'll :p.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You could try Tom's Hardware and Anandtech, they often have a round up of coolers and test about six or more at once. Plus lots of other tech sites, I think.

None here yet. I don't know of any one place that has all coolers listed, that would be a valuable guide.

Reaction score
Reef, if you google a cooler you were looking at you can usually find that review. In that review you will usually see that particular ones compared against one or two others so in a way thats what your after...

Thermalright SP94 is what EVERYONE here can not fault though, good buy. hard to fit if you dont know what your doing though...

chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was going to try the Gigabyte cooler with my XP3200 but in every review I've read it's mentioned it's not really suited to the smaller Athlon core.

I have a Thermalright clip-on SLK800 at the moment, with a Pabst medium flow 80mm fan, but it just ain't cutting the mustard, I getting 59C in warm weather at full load.

My motherboard doesn't have mounting holes for a cooler so I'm stuck with clip on units, so can't try the SP97. I'm wondering what to do, the Gigabyte cooler is £35.00 which is £44.00 with shipping.

Indecision..

btw, nice site for a cooler roundup there Mr Reef :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yeah, i was looking for ages, for some sorta graph/chart like that. Its ok seeing what fans do on what systems, but all these fans were tested on the same system so you know there pretty accurate.

Im getting one of the Gigabyte coolers soon, they look well designed and well built. But im definatly getting th eUltra (copper one) cos i aint a big fan of aluminium ones now, they dont seem half as good! im suprised there isnt more GPU coolers made of copper, as the GPU gets alot hotter than a CPU. I've only seen Asus use copper and also i think i seen one from MSI.

Ask a Question