Processing Body Text of Outlook Email to Excel or CSV

Reaction score
Hi - Please excuse me appearing thick - I used to program many moons ago but am now semi-retired due to health issues and running a children's karate club.

I've read many threads about doing things similar to what I'm trying to acheive but my poor old brain will no longer make the leap to a complete solution by cobbling bits together.

I am using a web based reply form that submits via a server side script and results in a separate email in my Outlook Inbox per responder.

The emails have a script defined subject of "Membership Renewal Form"
(excluding quotes)

The body of the message is of the format "header"

"form field name" "data"
"form field name" "data"
"form field name" "data"

each label and data pair being on one line and separated by ": " (a colon and a space)

e.g.

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
() on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 14:50:00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

mem_full_name: A N Other

mem_dob_day: 01

mem_dob_month: 04

mem_dob_year: 2007

etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to open the outlook store, loop through the emails (in Personal File | Sub-folder "MemForms" where they have been manually placed), process the contents of the message bodies, and save the "stripped" data to a csv or ideally excel file, one row per mail item.

The field names need only be in the first row of said file as they will be column headings.

Can, & will, anyone help please.

Many Thanks in advance

Ask a Question