    Re-added the registry entry "Disable Performance Counters" with default value
    Set the registry value of "Disable Performance Counters" to 0

    What am I doing wrong?

    Rick, Nov 13, 2008

  2. Perhaps the counters are corrupt, try rebuilding the counter library
    values and see if it fixes things.

    How to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956

    John

    John John (MVP), Nov 13, 2008

  3. Rick

    Ryan Guest

    John,
    Does this article apply to Windows XP?
    Also, I don't have the CD to copy Perfc009.dat file and the Perfh009.dat
    file. Can they be downloaded from somewhere? Thanks

    Ryan, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Yes, it will also work on XP Professional. It should also work with XP
    Home but I am not 100% sure, when you use the lodctr command you might
    hit a snag and get a message saying that a certain registry key or value
    is missing, if you get the message take note of the *exact* registry key
    or value and try manually crating it and then try the command again.
    The Perfc009 and Perfh009 files should be in your i386 folder on your
    hard drive.

    John

    John John (MVP), Nov 13, 2008