Outlook Problems with Outlook Express

Reaction score
My boss called me up in a panic. For the last month he's been having problems with his outlook express. First, he said it will open but the little hour glass takes forever to go away(I'm assuming its taking forever to load). Second, he mentioned that his messages are now taking an extremely long time to send. Even rather small messages around 30k take forever to send out. In most cases it times out. Now, he is on a dial up. But this problem just started within the last month. He's on an older p4 with probably around 128 megs o ram. I'm thinking he probably needs to reinstall outlook. Now, how big of a pain in the ass is that? I don't ever remember seeing outlook express listed in the add/remove list. And if I'm to reinstall it, I can find it on the windows xp disk correct?

If theres something I can do to prevent having to reinstall it, that would be preferable. I'm thinking of just going over there and doing a system restore to about 2 months ago if I can.

Reaction score
Outlook Express is an inclusion with Internet Explorer and I do not think you can reload on it's own.

If Web pages are downloading at normal speed as far as your friend is concerned, I think the problem is more likely his ISP's email server - many have problems for periods- BT being a recent example.

Good luck. Buzzwoody

Reaction score
Thanks buzz.

Actually, I found out Outlook Express can be uninstalled. Its right there under the add/remove. Also, I'd be suprised if his ISP's email service would be screwed up for that long of a time. I'm thinking he got infected with some sort of malware and it possibly screwed up his outlook. I guess I'll try reinstalling it when I can find an xp disk.

Oh, whats BT by the way? I'm in the states so forgive my ignorance .

Reaction score
Hello Justin,

BT is British Telecom, online Btinternet or Btopenworld. All the best sorting the problem.

Regards
Buzzwoody

Reaction score
Buzz

what does NTL stand for then apart from "No, To Large downloads"?

Ask a Question