Problems installing with CIW and OAB

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by Guest, May 9, 2005.

    Hello:

    I'm testing an installation for 5000 users of outlook 2003 sp1 (with
    exchange 2003).

    I'm using the Custom installation wizard and I'm configuring it to enable
    download of the offline address book (in the send/receive options).

    In any case I've tried, the OAB does not download, and the user gets a
    message when clicking on send/receive saying "error 0x...". If the user
    goes to tools-options-send/receive- modify send receive group and disable the
    download of the OAB the error does not come up, but unfortunately the OAB has
    not been downloaded.

    On the other hand if I don't use an MST on installation the OAB is
    downloaded successfully and everything works fine, unfortunately I'm forced
    to use the MST to create the exchange user profile

    What can be wrong?
    Please Help

    Thanks
    Jose M. Dominguez

    Guest, May 9, 2005

  2. What happens when you don't configure anything in the send/receive options?
    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], May 9, 2005

    Hello Sue:

    If I don't configure anything in the send/receive options of the CIW, the
    OAB still is not downloaded. By default the download address book check of
    the send receive options in Outlook appears marked but when I turn outlook
    offline, the address book is empty and If I press send/receive I get the
    error (0x...).

    Cached mode is set to download full items.

    If I don't use MST at all, then it does download the OAB.

    Thank You
    Jose Manuel Dominguez

    Guest, May 9, 2005
  4. Weird. I can't say that I've encountered a case like that before.

    What about deploying your profile, then, by copying the .prf file and setting the ImportPRF registry value with a login script or something like that?

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], May 9, 2005

    Well, The problem is I configure other things with the MST, but I will try to
    find out...
    By the way, the error I get when I click send/receive is 0x80004005, the
    strange thing is that even after installation if I try to set the OAB on (in
    options - mail setup - send/receive) it won't work.

    Thanks
    Jose M. Dominguez

    Guest, May 9, 2005
  6. Sorry, you implied that the only reason you were using the MST was to configure the Exchange user profile. Is there more to the error text than just the number?

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], May 9, 2005

    Hello Sue:

    No, I'm afraid i just get this error code, no description at all. But if I
    unmark the check of download oab in send/receive settings the error does not
    occur anymore.

    Thanks
    Jose M. Dominguez

    Guest, May 9, 2005

    DEar Sue:

    I am stationed in POland, and I keep getting this pesky "folder inbox
    synchronizing headers reported error 0x80004005" I do not know if this is
    because of the local dial in that I am using, orsomething else. THe server
    it is looking for, if I understand this correctly, is
    http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

    is it possible that I need to configure it to go look for a different server
    location?

    Hoping to hear you can help...
    Thanks

    Don Thieme

    Guest, Jul 18, 2005
  9. What's the context here? What does this have to do with the original thread about the CIW and OAB? Are you trying to access MSN or Hotmail? In what version of Outlook?

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Jul 18, 2005