    Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
    Sincerely,
    Hans

    Hans H jakobsen, Mar 31, 2004

  2. Hans H jakobsen

    kony Guest

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:11:22 GMT, "Hans H jakobsen" <>
    wrote:

    >I recently bought a multi-port USB / Firewire card. The card is a no name
    >card. The chip is an ALI USB 2.0 / IEEE1394. The card did not come with any
    >manual; only a driver CD with one driver installation file.
    >
    >The card is apparently not P&P and this is where my troubles start. After a
    >problem free installation of the ALI USB driver form the driver CD, I cannot
    >see the new USB / Firewire ports when I look in the device manager. I see
    >the USB port on that are installed wit the motherboard. I have tried to
    >delete the on-board USB pots, but they reinstalls after I have restarted
    >WIN-XP as P&P "found new hardware". When I run "check for new" hardware
    >WinXP is not able to detect the new card.
    >
    >The computer is an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard with a AMD 1800, a 60mb
    >Diamond hd, 512 mb of memory of which 32 is allocated to the onboard NVIDA
    >graphic adapter.
    >Does anyone have any idea of where or what I am doing wrong? Or can someone
    >direct my to a site or newsgroup that address this kind of problems?
    >Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
    >Sincerely,
    >Hans

    It is a plug-n-play card, there is no other option for such a card.

    Does Device Manager show the card at all, "any" entry?

    Have you updated WinXP to SP1 for USB2 support?

    Have you checked the manufacturer's website for possibility of a newer
    driver?

    If none of the above seem to apply, simply return the card... they're too
    cheap to sweat over, get a different make.

    kony, Mar 31, 2004

  3. Hans H jakobsen

    WebWalker Guest

    Can you install the driver before install the PCI card?

    If your Windows cannot recognise the said, it might due to conflict of
    IRQ. Try to move the said card to another empty PCI slot.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Mar 31, 2004