problem with Via AC'97 Audio Controller

Reaction score
Hi there

Could somebody please possibly advise me as to what could be my problem as I haven't got sound on my P.C. Both Windows Media Player and Real Player cannot play songs, an error message comes up with a code ( COOD11BA). Even when I switch my P.C on, there is no smusical sound that you normally hear on start up! But on my windows media and real player they both say that a song is playing but i have no sound coming out of my speakers! plz someone help me on this i have had no sound for 3 months! plzz help me.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
go to device manager (right click 'my computer'> properties> hardware tab> device manager), are there any exclamation marks ? im pretty sure that your sound device will have one

Reaction score
do u think?

yea there is and now all i have is this thing beside the multimedia audio controller. and it says i don't have the right program for it or w\e so is there a way to get my sound back cuz i think thats the only problem with my computer and then i could have my sound back.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
double click the device and a window should pop up, click on the driver tab and click update it will search microsofts database and will ask for a disk if it cant be found, if you have a CD that came with the PC put it in the CD drive and see if the driver can be found on there

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you can tell me what motherboard you have i can find the correct driver for you

Reaction score
here u go

model-p4x266-8233
chipset-via p4x266(vt8753) Rev. 01
southbridge-via vt8233
senor-winbond-w83697hf

bios
brand-award software internation, inc.
version-6.00 pg
date-09/28/2001

graphic inferface
version-agp version 2.0
transfer rate-2x-max.supported-2x
aperture size-128mbytes
side band-disabled

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well don't know about anyone else but i'm waiting to see if he got it sorted or not...;)

Ask a Question